Post-Cleanse White Bean + Kale Soup
What you put in your body after a cleanse is key. A cleanse is not supposed to be justification to eat the biggest greasiest burger you can the second its complete. A cleanse is meant to help you transition to healthier, cleaner eating habits. To maintain and maximize the effects of your cleanse, be mindful of what you put into your system, drink plenty of water and herbal teas, and pace yourself as you slowly reintroduce simple whole foods.
Optimal Post-Cleanse Foods:
- Steamed Vegetables
- Light Salads
- Nut Mylks
- Stewed Fruits
- Fresh Juices
- Soups & Vegetable Broth
Try making our White Bean & Kale Soup a day or two after your cleanse if complete. This soup is packed with tons of nutrient-rich veggies and herbs as well as protein-rich Cannellini beans. It's an overall lighter soup for the purpose of coming out of a cleanse, but it can be made into a heartier week night meal for the family with freshly grated parmesan cheese to garnish and a crostini on the side. Enjoy!
White Bean + Kale Soup
- 2 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15oz.) cans Cannellini beans
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. roughly chopped rosemary
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 bunches of organic kale, chopped
- if desired, garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese and serve with warm crostini
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil and add onions, carrots, and celery. Sauté in the olive oil until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Rinse beans and add to pot along with the stock, bay leaf, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the kale and cook 10-15 more minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and if needed, add more stock and seasonings to taste.
- Serve sprinkled with freshly grated parmesan cheese and warm crostini on the side.